Accomplishments & Industry Portfolio
Claire Vidal is a passionate French entrepreneur, creative innovator, and world traveler.
She began her career in the automotive industry, groundbreaking innovative marketing concepts and managing global events around the world for the leading European supplier, Valeo. There she learned the value of working for an established global brand and working in a changing environment with cross-functional teams. During her successful career at Valeo, she proved her skills and passion for launching innovations and elevated the company’s image through her advanced expertise in marketing and branding.
After completing her Executive MBA at INSEAD in 2008, Claire decided it was time to strike out and start something of her own. Her first foray into entrepreneurship was to create a brand of luxury insoles for high heels. For 7 years, her award-winning startup—Red Carpet Paris—took its niche market by storm, winning customers as prestigious as Fred Segal in Los Angeles and Galeries Lafayette in Paris, Dubai, and Beijing. Red Carpet was also recognized in Oprah Magazine and lauded by celebrities like Sharon Stone.
Following her dream to live in the US, Claire moved to Los Angeles in 2015 and was granted an “extraordinary ability O-1 Visa” in recognition of her achievements in business. In 2017 she joined the ground-breaking Parrot group in Los Angeles. Thanks to her unique experience in selling innovative products and launching new businesses, Claire was the perfect choice to lead Parrot's go-to-market strategy and branding for a new and exciting contribution to the tech and fashion industry: we+ar TRBL, the first flexible screen to be integrated into a garment.
Today, Claire is focused on helping innovative companies, start-ups and Corporate VCs on their journey to success through creative marketing strategies, innovation scouting, and business coaching.
As a mentor and transformational coach, Claire is also an ardent supporter of women in business. The retreats, workshops, and events she hosts for women entrepreneurs are life-changing, the most notable being the exclusive "Healing Power Champagne" event she hosts every month.
In addition to her MBA from INSEAD, Claire holds a Master of Arts in International Business from London Metropolitan University and a Master of Marketing from Rennes Business School. She serves as a small business mentor for the L.A. chapter of SCORE and is certified by the Life Mastery Institute as a Transformational Coach.
- Event Production - Paris Auto Show, show direction, tech content, display, multimedia, global coordination
- Learning Expedition in the Silicon Valley for their top executive team, tech workshops around the future of mobility
- Event Scouting for a global corporate convention in San Francisco
- Enhanced Valeo technology image and the understanding of the innovations and product offer amongst external and internal audiences.
- Defined worldwide marketing communication strategy plans
- Managed technological events for 30 to 50 OEM customers per year, as well as participation to top international trade shows (Frankfurt, Paris, Tokyo, Detroit,)
- Increased press coverage by 20% through active pitching and PR activations
- Led corporate website development
- Led rebranding of the logo and corporate image tools
- Awarded Corporate Business Award for best communication strategy in 2007 by TOP/COM
- For the aftermarket Business Unit: Led definition and production of POS merchandising, promotion for dealers, product launch, trade selling materials, Managed participation to top aftermarket trade shows such as AAPEX, Equip’Auto, Automechanik
Thierry Morin, CEO Valeo 2003/2009: “Claire singlehandedly led the corporate rebranding of the Group, elevating the company’s image through her advanced expertise in marketing and branding”
Startup coaching- Supporting the CEO and the executive team in breaking into the automotive industry
Go-to-market strategy for the automotive industry
Partnerships research & creation
Go-to-market strategy for the launch a line of connected garments embedded with the first flexible E-paper screen on the market: US and Europe Sales & Distribution, Branding and Digital Marketing plan, including website, social media footprint, influencers program, and brand activations.
Inspired by individuals with unconventional ideas and the current worldwide climate of ethical concerns, we+ar TRBL is a new path to self-expression, a Fashiontech start-up incubated in the Parrot group, and led by Henri Seydoux (Founder of Parrot) and Olivier Levy. The display is synced with your smartphone, and can instantly reflect your mood, character and personality.
TRBL we.ar challenges and reinvents the social conversation both in an individual and collective spirit.
Henri Seydoux, CEO & Founder of Parrot: "Performing a strategic, high-impact leadership role at we+ar TRBL, Claire Vidal has laid the foundation for our product that will drive significant brand awareness, commercial success, and growth."
RED CARPET PARIS
- Identified a niche market segment in the shoe repair business for women suffering in high heels, and designed the first luxury insoles for high heels
- US and European design patent
- Successfully launched in Galeries Lafayette Paris, the world’s largest shoe department store
- 20,000 pairs sold the first year
- Flagship concession shop at Galeries Lafayette Haussmann in Paris for 4 years
- Achieved further distribution in 30 stores (department stores and luxury retailers) across Europe, Asia and Middle East within 18 months
- Series A funding achieved with top business angels associations
- Expanded sales channel by implementing multiple e-commerce stores: Europe & US
- Grew online sales by 50% year over year
Award-winning start-up & entrepreneur: BFM Business (major business radio and TV in France), Femmes Business Angels, Réseau Entreprendre (Winner 2012), Keiretsu Forum, Paris Business Angels
Philippe Houze, Chairman of Galeries Lafayette: “Ms. Vidal is an innately gifted entrepreneur. She has designed, launched, and built a completely new and unique business, offering an original and desirable product.”